Tuesday, August 20, 2013

6 Months! Uncle Erik Going to College.

Hello again everyone!

I am very impressed by the number of page views recently, thanks everyone for taking the time to read my thoughts and observations as a first time dad!

With my younger brother on his way to college as we speak, via road trip to CA, I wanted to take some time to wish him good luck and send him off properly. Erik is going to be missed by our little guy, but also by the rest of our family. However I know he is going to have a great time, and with all the technology we have nowadays (Skype, iMessages, Snapchat, Facebook, Xbox Live etc.) it should be relatively easy to stay in touch, even though it is not technically face to face. At any rate, we love you Erik and we know God has great plans for you!



Benson turned 6 months on the 18th! He is getting so old, I think I already see gray hairs on his head... Just kidding. But in all seriousness, he is so darn cute and just a joy to be around each day. His teeth are prominent now and very hard to miss if he opens his mouth. You can tell he feels them because he always has a goofy look on his face that he makes with his lips. Which unfortunately I do not have a picture of. Here are the progression pictures that Pauline posted to her Facebook, but I wanted to have on here as well:


You may not be able to tell very much from the pictures, but he is getting bigger and bigger. The way we have noticed is the fact that we have had to put his older clothes in storage and now even the 6 months clothes we have are getting tight... What a chunk! :)

Here are some additional pictures I took for the 6 month photos on the 18th. (I am a so good at taking pictures.... NOT):


Does not look happy in that last one... And he is kind of making that face I was talking about. Haha.

It's been so refreshing to see Benson interacting with others now. When he first came into the world, there wasn't much reaction to anything really. But now, whenever someone talks to him or when he interacts with the pets or one of his toys, there is always a reaction! Whether it be a smile, a "straight serious" (Pauline) look on his face, or sometimes if he is scared/doesn't get what's going on a frown or cry. He is also pretty independent, we can put him in his exersaucer or just lay him under the play gym and he entertains himself pretty well. There are times when he does want to be held though, which I don't mind, it is nice to be wanted!

Here are some pictures of Benson interacting with our dog Lana, our Goddaughter, Sabrina and her sister, Lily (aka Julie and Albert's kids, aka our flower girls, aka two of the cutest little girls I know), and finally, him interacting with Lucy, who is Julie and Albert's cat, but is also the sister of our deceased love one, Mousse.




What a cutie, props to Pauline for taking those last pictures.

Looking at all these pictures, I can't help but feel blessed. Not only for Benson himself, but for all the loving people in our lives that are so supportive and love him dearly as well. The best part of him growing up, is that we are becoming a more tightly knit family and we can only grow closer and closer.

So again, I thank everyone for their love and support, but also for all of the prayers. We most certainly wouldn't be the parents we are without such positive influences in our lives as well as the love and support of our great Savior!

On that note, I leave you with a few more pictures that I like, but again are probably already on Facebook, but whatever. :P





No comments:

Post a Comment