There has been a lot of changes over this past year, whether it be child-proofing for the fastest crawler I have ever seen,
or the scary experiment of feeding your child something they haven't eaten before, praying that they aren't allergic (no allergies so far).
It all has been new, sometimes scary, but so joyful, especially sharing it with the love of my life, Pauline. Each day we are surprised with how much Benson has grown and how he has developed his own personality, which, like his looks, are a good mix of both Pauline and I.
Here are a few of his favorite things as of right now:
1. Finally being able to drink out of his cup with a built in straw! Yay!
2. STILL making us hold his bottle even though he definitely knows how to hold it himself. (Unfortunately inherited some of my laziness...)
3. Dropping/throwing stuff and saying, "Uh Oh."
4. Cuddling with anything soft, such as pets, stuffed animals, friends, mommy and daddy.
5. Apparently retaining the skills to crawl down the stairs backwards, as of just yesterday we learned that Benson can go down the stairs the way I had showed him a couple months ago to go down the stairs, after he had already learned to go up the stairs.
6. Laughing at almost anything or being a goofball at all costs.
For sound with the video click here:
7. Eating whatever mommy and daddy are eating even though he has already finished eating his breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack.
9. Pointing at things and wanting us to take him to them or saying something about them.
10. Standing independently and taking a step or two before falling on his butt. (Getting very close to being able to walk!)
He definitely knows most of the things that he likes and doesn't like, but still also needs a ton of guidance from his parents!
Since I had posted quite early in the month of January, I hadn't included the 11 month photo for Benson, so I thought I would throw it in here:
He was wanting to help mommy with her make-up in that last picture.
The past year has not been without it's struggles though, whether it was just the various new things I had to learn based on being a new father, or the fact that we had to take our little guy to the hospital a couple different times. It can all be very difficult, but again, such a blessing that we can come out strengthened from all the trials in life. Here is a somewhat sad picture, but the good news is that Benson got a lot better after this particular hospital visit when he had PSV:
Nice little cool down session for the little guy!
As all of you may have gathered, since my first post references the date he was born, Benson recently had his first Birthday! Whoop Whoop! We were nervous on the day of his birthday party, which was the Sunday before, because Benson didn't take a very good nap prior to the party, but he proved us all wrong with how happy he was and excited for all of the festivities! Of course afterwards he took a very long nap and ended up sleeping very well that night. Thanks for everyone who came to the party, we know it was very busy, but we appreciate all of the love and support for little B! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the party, credit to Janelle Craft for most/all of these!
Thanks for sharing with our family over this wonderful year, we know there are many more years to come where we will see God's blessings come through and we can't wait to share those with everyone as well!
Here are a few more pictures, some of which are not yet on Facebook even! (WOW)